The Office of the City Attorney provides timely, efficient and high quality legal services, advice and support to the City Council and the City Administration. We also advance, support and defend the interests of the City and its missions and goals while remaining dedicated to the principles of professionalism, ethical behavior and accountability.
Services that the City of Vallejo's Office of the City Attorney provides include the following:
- Provide legal advice to the City Council, the boards of all related City entities (such as the Housing Authority of the City of Vallejo), appointed boards and commissions (such as the Planning Commission), and City staff related to the establishment, implementation, and enforcement of City policies.
- Review and prepare legal documents, including ordinances, resolutions, regulations, and contracts.
- Represent and defend the City's interests in certain negotiations, administrative proceedings and civil litigation in State and Federal Court.
- Evaluate and address legal issues arising out of the City’s decisions and activities to minimize the risk of liability.
- Achieve cost effective and expeditious disposition of claims and litigation by promptly identifying issues and either negotiating a resolution or providing an aggressive litigation defense.
Vallejo City Attorney Services
The City Attorney does not generally handle criminal matters and does not provide legal advice to private citizens. Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page or the links below for information on private legal assistance.
Lawyer Referral Service
For a referral to a private attorney call (707) 422-0127 or visit Solano Bar.
Legal Services of Northern California call (800) 270-7252.
Visit California Courts Online Self-Help Center website.
More About the Office of the City Attorney
The City Attorney does not generally handle criminal matters and does not provide legal advice to private citizens.
Please refer to our "Frequently Asked Questions" page for information on private legal assistance.