Vallejo Police Cadet Positions
The Police Cadets
perform a variety of civilian field and office law enforcement activities. Cadets work in direct support of sworn and non-sworn personnel on a part-time, as needed, basis while attending an accredited college or university.
Qualifications for Application
- Take police reports for crimes such as bicycle theft, automobile theft and burglary
- Mark and arrange for abandoned vehicles
- Enforce parking regulations by issuing traffic citations
- Perform traffic and pedestrian control as directed
- Participate in crime prevention activities such as neighborhood watch meetings, school and community group presentations and building tours
- Maintain records and retrieve information
- Attend weekend and/or evening training sessions
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required
- In order to apply, candidates must be 18-23 years of age at the time of application.
- Knowledge of techniques for dealing with the public in a tactful, but firm, manner
- Proper English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Organization and functions of a Municipal Law Enforcement Agency
- Knowledge of general law enforcement codes, practices and methods
- Courtesy when working with the general public on the telephone and in person
- Tact, courtesy and firmness when dealing with the public
- Accuracy when carrying out oral and written directions
- Clarity in both verbal and written communication
- Effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
In addition, applicant must also maintain a 2.0 grade point average while taking a minimum of 12 units of studies at an accredited college or university. Applicant must also be experienced and/or trained. Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities mentioned above is qualifying.
equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade along with college level course work.
Possession of an unrestricted, valid driver's license.
How to Apply
Submit completed application to:
Department of Human Resources
1st Floor City Hall
555 Santa Clara Street
Vallejo, CA 94590
Vallejo Police Department Lobby
111 Amador Street
Vallejo, CA 94590
For Applications and Examinations: