Vallejo Police Explorer Positions
The department is actively seeking applicants for the volunteer position of Police Explorer. The Vallejo Police Explorer Program is part of the Vallejo Police Activities League (PAL) and designed for youth of Solano County that may be interested in a career in the law enforcement field. Explorers participate in a variety of activities throughout the City and department.
- Monthly police trainings
- Weekly meetings
- "Ride-a-longs" with patrol officers
- Assistance at DUI checkpoints
- Holiday details and parades
- Local fundraisers and community events
- Statewide police explorer competitions
Requirements for the program include:
- Must be 14-20 years of age and have completed the 8th grade at time of appointment
- Resident of Solano County
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA average in High School
- Contribute at least 10 hours of volunteer time to the program per month
Interested and qualified persons must submit an explorer application, available at the Vallejo Police Department main station located at 111 Amador Street. Instructions for completion and return are on the application.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please feel free to email the program advisors Corporal Jeremy Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org or Officer Lenard Alamon at email@example.com