Reserve Police Officer
Final Filing Date:
The Vallejo Police Department actively encourages qualified, dedicated individuals who will to volunteer their services as Reserve Police Officers
The Reserve Police Officer position is non-paid. Newly-appointed reserves must successfully complete a 240-hour Field Training program with a corporal and a Reserve Training Officer, after which they are allowed to ride with regular officers. Vallejo Police Reserves may perform a variety of support duties, including patrol, criminal investigation, traffic enforcement, crowd and scene control, and narcotic investigations.
Applicants must have successfully completed a recognized P.O.S.T. Basic Academy, with current certification,
(Where applicable) Have successfully completed Modules A, B, C, and D of the P.O.S.T. Reserve Academy, with current certification,
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Possess a valid California Driver's License
- Have vision no less than 20/100 uncorrected, corrected to 20/30 with no color deficiencies
- Reach 21st birthday by the day of appointment
- Read and understand policies, instructions, laws and regulations
- Accurately analyze situations and implement rapid, effective, reasonable responses
- Prepare accurate, legible, grammatically correct reports
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Correctly operate and care for vehicles, weapons and equipment
- Perform physical duties which may include climbing, dragging, running, subduing combative or resistive subjects
- Accurate observation of activities, people and events
Initial testing consists of a written test and an oral board. Successful candidates must then pass a background investigation, polygraph examination, psychological examination and physical examination.
Please contact Vallejo PD for application information.