The VHA will market the FSS program using a variety of methods to ensure that all HCV participants are aware of the opportunities available to them through FSS, and will allow interested families to make an informed decision concerning participation in the program. Outreach activities will primarily target eligible families on the HCV Program. Recruitment activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Direct mailing to all VHA Housing Choice Voucher participants at the time of open enrollment
- Interest Forms made available through VHA staff, from VHA lobby or requested through mail
- FSS segment included in the briefing of all clients new to the Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Posting of FSS information in interview rooms and in VHA lobby
- Providing FSS brochures at the VHA office
- Ongoing recruitment through contact with VHA staff
- Proactively informing other social service agencies and community groups
- Presentations at community meetings
- Information through VHA website/local media
Outreach materials will provide information on the benefits of the FSS Program, the process to enroll and a contact person for more information.
Outreach methods and materials will comply with all applicable Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity requirements. If these measures do not result in sufficient enrollment in the FSS program according to HUD requirements, VHA will implement additional outreach activities.