Rindler Creek and Tributaries, Miller Ditch, and Lemon Street Canal Physical Map Revision
After several studies and community meetings, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has updated the two Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) panels and the Flood Insurance Study (FIS) report for the City of Vallejo. The revision will incorporate updated hydrologic analyses, hydraulic analyses, and floodplain mapping.
The revisions will be effective June 9, 2014.
This revision will impact Benicia, Vallejo, and unincorporated Solano County areas.
- March 20, 2014: Open House Meeting
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Steffan Manor Elementary, Multi-Purpose Room,
815 Cedar Street, Vallejo CA
Learn more about the updated Flood Insurance Rate Map panels that will
go into effect on June 9, 2014 at the Open House meeting
View the Event Flyer
Mapping Revision - Timeline for Public Comment
- April 26, 2013: 1st Posting, Vallejo Times Herald
- May 3, 2013: 2nd Posting, Appeal period begins (see 'Appeal Process' below for more information)
- August 1, 2013: 90-day Appeal period ends
The City of Vallejo and FEMA will be hosting community meetings in June/July and December/January. Notices will be posted as dates and locations are finalized.
Study & Revision Documents
FEMA Project Page.
Below you may view study documents and map revisions.
- Preliminary FIRM Panel
- Preliminary FIS Reports
- Fact Sheet
- Summary of Map Actions
The appeal process is from May 3rd through August 1st. All appeals must follow the directions below.
- Areas with new studies may be appealed due to revisions for the base flood elevations and the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA).
Appeals have to be based on scientific data, and must be submitted to the City of Vallejo for review. The City will evaluate all appeals and submit the findings to FEMA.
- To appeal FEMA's physical map revision, please visit their website.
- Information on requirements for filing an appeal can be found in FEMA's Appeal Policy Criteria.
More information on Scientific Resolution Panels.
To contact the Engineering Division regarding the FEMA revision, please email us or call (707) 648-5251.