Rindler Creek and Tributaries, Miller Ditch, and Lemon Street Canal Physical Map Revision
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has initiated the Physical Map Revision (PMR) study to update two Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) panels and the Flood Insurance Study (FIS) report for the City of Vallejo. The revision will incorporate updated hydrologic analyses, hydraulic analyses, and floodplain mapping.
This revision will impact Benicia, Vallejo, and unincorporated Solano County areas.
The next meeting has not been scheduled yet. Please check back soon for more information, or call Sam Kumar at 707-648-4432. Thanks!
Mapping Revision - Timeline for Public Comment
- April 26, 2013: 1st Posting, Vallejo Times Herald
- May 3, 2013: 2nd Posting, Appeal period begins (see 'Appeal Process' below for more information)
- August 1, 2013: 90-day Appeal period ends
The City of Vallejo and FEMA will be hosting community meetings in June/July and December/January. Notices will be posted as dates and locations are finalized.
For more information on FEMA's actions, please visit the FEMA website.
Below you may view study documents and map revisions.
- Preliminary FIRM Panel
- Preliminary FIS Reports
- Fact Sheet
- Summary of Map Actions
The appeal process is from May 3rd through August 1st. All appeals must follow the directions below.
- Areas with new studies may be appealed due to revisions for the base flood elevations and the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA).
Appeals have to be based on scientific data, and must be submitted to the City of Vallejo for review. The City will evaluate all appeals and submit the findings to FEMA.
- To appeal FEMA's physical map revision, please visit their website.
- Information on requirements for filing an appeal can be found in FEMA's Appeal Policy Criteria.
More information on Scientific Resolution Panels.
To contact the Engineering Division regarding the FEMA revision, please email us or call (707) 648-5251.