About the Code Enforcement Division
The Code Enforcement Division of the Vallejo Police Department works with and helps empower the citizens of Vallejo to create, promote and maintain safe, attractive and high-quality living and working environments. Our purpose is to help improve our neighborhoods and economic conditions so that the City of Vallejo is known as a good place to live, raise families, work and retire in.
We are responsible for the enforcement of the following ordinances in the Vallejo Municipal Code:
Common Code Enforcement Violations
Each year, the Code Enforcement Division responds to about 3,000 complaints pertaining to property maintenance and other related violations. In most cases, investigations of code violations happen due to proactive code enforcement inspections or citizen complaints.
The types of violations that are typically inspected and reported include:
- Junk, trash & debris on private properties
- Deteriorated exteriors such as roofs, fences, and sidings
- Unsecured and abandoned swimming pools
- Vehicles parked on lawns, inoperable/unregistered vehicles parked on private property
- Trash bins blocking the sidewalk, strewn in the yard, placed on the sidewalk/street or driveway, too early or left out after 8:00 p.m. on service day
- Graffiti on private properties
- Weeds & overgrown vegetation on developed properties
- Vacant buildings
- Abandoned shopping carts
- Inhabited trailers, illegal vehicle repair business
To view case information for a property, please click HERE.
To fill out a Customer Satisfaction Survey, please click HERE.
Violations Reported to other City Departments and Agencies
Complaints which are not directly related to the ordinances that we enforce, can be reported to other City departments and county or state agencies.
- City of Vallejo Building Division - to report the following violations, call #(707) 648-4374
- Occupancy without water & utilities
- Construction work without a permit
- City of Vallejo Fire Department - Fire Prevention Division: call #(707) 648-4021
- Weeds, overgrown vegetation, litter, or junk on private vacant lots -
- City of Vallejo Planning Division - call #(707) 648-4326 to report:
- Illegal business signs & operations, illegal unit and garage conversions and other possible zoning violations -
- City of Vallejo Police Department Traffic Division's Abandoned Vehicle Hotline, phone #(707) 648-4682 or fill out the online form on the Vallejo Police Department webpage under "Online Services"
- Abandoned/unregistered/inoperable vehicles on streets/alleys/public property
- City of Vallejo Public Works Department Maintenance Division - Report the following violations on public property via SeeClickFix.com or call (707) 648-5207:
- Trash & illegal dumping on streets/alleys/sidewalks/public property
- Graffiti on public property
- Solano County Environmental Health Division, phone #(707) 784-6765
- Mold in a rental or other violations inside of structures